Monday, August 29, 2011

GTPases in the blogosphere!

During a recent chat with my adviser, she casually mentioned reading about a new study on "the GTPase blog." To which I replied, "There's a GTPase blog?!" I think she was pleased to know more than I did about some aspect of science blogging. So, cheers to my adviser for inspiring this post!

GTPases: From the Bench is a blog by Dr. Anna Delprato that focuses on all things GTPase. Since I'm doing my dissertation on a small G protein (the coolest small G protein... but of course, I'm biased), I'm obviously all over this. In addition to blogging on peer-reviewed research, Dr. Delprato posts information about upcoming conferences that might be of interest to fellow GTPase enthusiasts. You can also follow Dr. Delprato on Twitter (@Gproteins). I admire her dedication to this protein family, and look forward to reading future posts!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Laura,

    I'm pleased that you like the GTPase blog and I hope that it is of some use to you. I had intended for it to be a student resource as well as a platform for discussing all things GTPase.

    Let me know if ever you would like to do a guest post sometime perhaps, on your own work or a conference report.

    Good luck with your project!

    ReplyDelete