Monday, September 12, 2011

OIST DNC 2011 Write-up

OIST has put up an article about the Developmental Neurobiology Course (which they shorten to DNC -- it always makes me think "Democratic National Convention") that I attended in July. I'm quoted! There are also some great pictures of the students and labs, including the one pasted below (that's me in the green tank top!).

Laura in the zebrafish lab with Dr. Ichiro Masai and DNC 2011 students

And, there's a video of us messing around in the lab! I think there should be more science-themed reality TV. Wouldn't you watch a whole hour of people doing experiments (and getting frustrated when they don't work)?



I haven't seen any information about a 2012 DNC, but I will definitely keep you posted about any future neuroscience courses at OIST. The 2011 OISTers are already planning our SfN meetup!

No comments:

Post a Comment