Wednesday, November 2, 2011

More nerdy podcasts for you!

Way back in 2009, I wrote a post about my favorite science podcasts. Since then I spend less time on the cryostat, so my listening habits have changed. But I still love a good radio story, so I thought I'd share an updated list with you.

Radiolab: Probably everyone already knows about Radiolab. If you're not already listening, you should. It takes a while to get used to the unorthodox audio production style, but I think it's worth sticking it out even if you're initially annoyed by it. The episode entitled Limits of Science was a particular favorite of mine, but they're all pretty interesting. And Jad Abumrad won a MacArthur this year for his work on the show!

The Story Collider: This is my newest discovery, so I haven't listened to that many episodes yet, but it seems promising. It's basically The Moth for science-themed stories. (And if you're not already listening to The Moth, you should be. Certain Moth stories have reduced me to tears on the shuttle bus, they're so powerful.)

Planet Money: OK, this one isn't technically about science. But as a scientist, I find that I often get a "Tell me something I don't know!" kind of attitude when I'm listening to popular science stories. Planet Money takes topics that I don't know much about (economics / finance) and explains them really well. I always come away feeling like I've learned something, even if I don't necessarily agree with their analysis. They work closely with the best radio show ever, aka This American Life. And their blog is fun, too.

1 comment:

  1. Its so good that you have consistently been passing through the best experience and that will of course lead you towards the best professional career success. www.dissertationworld.biz

    ReplyDelete