In the fall and winter of 2007, I applied to nine PhD programs in neuroscience and the biological/biomedical sciences. Applying to graduate school is a lot of work, and while I found several helpful resources that guided me through the process, none were quite specific to my field. Therefore, I decided to share my advice and experiences in hopes of helping other prospective graduate students in the life sciences. I'm not a professional admissions counselor, just someone who's been in the same boat. I hope you find my thoughts on the matter to be useful.
Choosing a Graduate Program - How to determine where you should apply.
Timeline - A step-by-step guide to completing your applications in a timely manner.
Statement of Purpose - How to write this important essay (with examples).
Curriculum Vitae - How to create a professional CV (with examples).
Letters of Recommendation - How to select, prepare, and follow up with your recommenders.
Contacting Professors - How to approach potential graduate mentors before you apply.
Interviews - What to expect from a life science graduate interview.
Choosing a Graduate Program II: Accepted! - How to choose between multiple offers.
Links - A collection of links to helpful websites.

Testing comments.
ReplyDeleteThanks for all your help, Laura! This is such a fantastic resource. cheers!
ReplyDeleteThank you for this post! I am linking this on my own website (on Clinical Psychology Admissions) because I feel like it will be helpful for people in our field as well :)
ReplyDeleteNormally, How long does it take for a prof. to reply?
ReplyDeleteThis is great! thank you!
ReplyDeleteThis is really helpful, thank you! Especially a post about graduate school statement of purpose format. Thanks for sharing your advice and experience!
ReplyDeleteA schoolchild can hear music in stimulation period to make mind cool and new after examination an immense measure of troublesome subjects. You have https://www.nursingcapstone.net/popular-nursing-capstone-topics/ examined well about the centrality of music and tunes for the understudies to remain dynamic dependably.
ReplyDeleteMuch esteemed, for framing such a brilliant article about the monstrosity of libraries in our instructive field. Libraries grant to https://www.nursingpersonalstatement.com/reliable-personal-statement-for-dnp-program-roadmap/ downtrodden young people to take a gander at in the quiet climate about any point which is valuable thing.
ReplyDelete